All over the world airlines don’t own their planes, they lease them.
The European Union has imposed sanctions on Russia and obliged European leasing companies to take back all leased aircraft from Russia by March 28th.
That’s a total of 520 aircraft.
Phil Seymour, President of the Association of European Leasing Companies:
1. Return of 520 aircraft! How is this to be done? The Russians said if you refuse to lease them to us, get them back yourself! How can we get 520 crews to Russia when the airspace in Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine is closed? We can’t fly in!
2. Once the handover has taken place in Russian airports, the planes will no longer be Russian. But a non-Russian plane is not allowed to fly in Russian airspace – the Russian airspace is blocked! We won’t be able to fly out!
3. However, the leasing companies are the initiators of the termination of these leases. In the original calculation of the cost of fines in such a case, we will all be bankrupted at once. It’s easier and cheaper to go bankrupt than to take back the planes.
4. February is over and Russia has to pay the lease payments for the month. Russia is willing to pay but cannot pay because it is excluded from SWIFT. We have to pay fines because of the terminations, but because of the lack of incoming payments from Russia, we have no money for such payments!
5. Even if we take back these planes, what are we going to do with them? We don’t need them, nobody wants them and it’s impossible to sell them!
6. The Boeings of American leasing companies are not affected. If Europe takes the planes away from the Russians, the US will supply Russia with its Boeing planes and become the world’s No. 1 airline, bankrupting both the European leasing company and Airbus.”
Vladimir Putin didn’t just invade Ukraine on 24/02/2022, he officially ended the petrodollar system. How? Remember, Russians don’t do anything without a plan. They & China have been prepping for this moment for years & are now ready:
Russia has stated NATO expansion into Ukraine was a red line.
-They knew their invasion of Ukraine would be inevitable and would have strategized that the US/West’s response would be SWIFT $ system exclusions/sanctions.
It-Reasonable to expect that Russia’s next step would have been to shut off oil/gas pipelines to Europe, as Russia has built up huge Yuan, gold & commodity reserves.
-This will cause massive price and supply disruptions (war level) to the western markets & monetary system.
– For years Russia & China have looked for ways to re-monetize gold & exit abuses of the SWIFT system as a geopolitical tool against them, but how to do it, how to exit, without the West declaring it an act of aggression or war against West?
– This Ukraine invasion just accomplished that end for them. And the West is doing it themselves.
-Now, freed to declare themselves SWIFT system outcasts by the western govt hands, Russia can now say “we will turn oil pipelines back on, but not for dollars.”
– Russia then declares that Europe or anyone that wants Russian oil (as of 3rd largest global producer) or Russian/Ukrainian wheat (1/4 of world’s production) must pay in gold, or use the ruble-yuan gold-backed payment system.
– Their leverage as an oil producer (who cuts off supply) will cause almost immediate price shocks to the western world. A good part of the population could immediately be unable to heat their homes.
– Almost equal to the oil shock they’d cause is their ability to cause food shortages and price spikes through the disruption of wheat production.
-Unmentioned in all this is China. Who has been silent & not condemned Russia? That means silent approval & cooperation.
– China will act to soak up Russian production of oil and wheat to soften the blow to their “strategic partner”.
– This will again be through the Yuan-Ruble facility and at some point overtly-stated gold backing of that system by Russia and China.
– The West will of course declare those last two bullets as acts of global aggression and direct threats to the “world monetary system”.
– At this point that there will be a clear fracture of the world’s monetary system into 2 competing East/West structures, circling back to the initial point that the 50-year global petrodollar system has just officially been ended by Putin.
If the above analysis is indeed correct, then the threat to the petro- $ is no different to the time of Charles De Gaulle or Gaddafi, but on larger scale. They can’t remove Putin as easily as they did with previous leaders who challenged their fraudulent petrodollar monetary system.